Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cape Town



I got to go around site seeing some yesterday! We saw Penguins at Boulder Beach, drove through Chapman's Peak, went to Hout Bay, through Simon's Town and to Groot Constantia for lunch. The drive was breathtaking and just incredibly stunning. I think Groot Constantia was my favorite. We had lunch there and I had Vegetable Curry in traditional Malay style. Groot Constantia is the oldest wine estate in South Africa. I read somewhere that they supplied wine to Napoleon. Their wine is out of this world. Lovely views, Georgian and Cape Dutch architecture. The day so different from the day before. Lush vineyards, rich Europeans and South Africans. Such a contrast from my day of fried bread sandwiches in a hot little shack in the township. I highly recommend them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment