Friday, October 1, 2010

Shopaholic Buys a Camera

Just moments ago I clicked "CONFIRM PURCHASE" on a sorta kinda high priced ticket item and I am  freaking out. I work hard for my money and as much as I love spending it, I prefer to do it in $19.95 increments. The big items freak me out a little. As you all know I have been wanting a Canon T1i. I don't know why I am so intent on this being the one and only one I want, but this is the case. I really don't just want it, I need it. Travel, Babies, they beckon me.

Amazon was offering a little deal, ending today, where you can add a particular Canon printer to your cart along with the purchase of a Canon Camera and you get a $400 Rebate. Granted the printer IS $400, but you basically get the printer for free, after purchase. I prefer to use printing websites, like Zenfolio, that allow you to upload, store, copyright, print and ship. So I don't want the printer and the additional hassle of paper and ink. I researched the printer on Craigslist and it appears that if I price mine just under $200 I can get rid of it. I hope. Even if I sell it for $100, it's free money. Right? My Capital One No Hassle Free Money for Spending Money recently accumulated to 30,000 Skymiles or $300 in Gift Certificates. I opted for the Gift Certificates and chose Amazon.com. But then I spent $70 of it on a Sonicare Toothbrush because my sister said she would never go back to manual brushing and I suddenly realized that I was missing out on a whole new era of dental hygiene and I had to have one. So now my gift certificates were only $230. But here is my rationale: I pretty much HAD to get the camera because they were offering the rebate on the "free" printer. The sale of the "free" printer will give me up to an additional $200 off the camera. My total sell with the gift certificate was $868, subtract the rebate of $400 that I will get in 60 days and that's $468, then subtract the $200 that I plan to sell the printer for and that's $268, then subtract the $100 or so I plan to make at the Homeschoolers Family Picnic later this month taking family shots of the Fallin's and their friends and that's $168 for a Canon T1i. Now that's a bargain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment