Monday, July 26, 2010

An Update

I have completely hesitated in coming here to give detailed updates of any sort, mostly because I have no idea what I am doing. I have taken a second job. I have paid off bills and am building a lovely little savings and that is fun. I like making fast cash in addition to my salary and not having to feel the constraints of furloughs.


I am learning a great deal by serving in the "public sector" and my new little career in the service industry. I would not say that it completes me or that I really enjoy it at all, but I am learning about identity and love and growing in this process, and getting a little check every week. And that is the fun part. The list of things I want to buy grows with new additions like a macbook pro, iPad, Canon EOS, and a plane ticket. I actually recently bought a plane ticket via a buddy pass on Delta and am contemplating just how I want to use it. Anywhere Delta goes, to be used within a year. But it is more complicated than that really. I, of course, want to use it to go to Africa, but that is virtually impossible. I hear that you can get there, but you can't get back. That would be fine with me, but Wells Fargo and the IRS might not like that. Maybe South America? Oh, or China!


I am looking into setting up a non-profit and am open to any and all advice in this area. I am finding that there are grant monies out there for what I want to do. Basically, I want to take the Farming God's Way program into as many areas as I can. It is a program that works. The method of farming produces greater yields than others who use technical and mechanical farming methods. This no slash and burn, little soil disturbance method works. It is also low cost. I just need to budget out how much it would cost to plant a small garden in each village and start writing for grants for funding. Why not? If anyone out there wants to help, you know where to find me. I need left brained people as resources. I need spreadsheets and numbers people. Then we have to figure out how to get me over there to help do the work.


I have met some amazing people who have all offered excellent advice to get me on the right track. There are so many opportunities available. I hope to meet next month with a group called DIG (Development in Gardening) and cannot wait to find out more about what they do and what I can do to help.


This is where I am. Making lists. Big To Do list that all radically change my life. They are all really big dreams and there are so many steps involved to get there. Today the one that stares me in the face is:


1. Sell/ Rent House


If you know anyone who would just love a tidy little bungalow in East Point, let me know. $1200/mo. Or just whatever you can pay to help me with this mortgage so I go do what I want to do. Thanks.




2 Bedroom 1 Bath Original Craftsman Style Bungalow
Built 1923
Original Hardwood Floors, Windows and Doors
French Doors
Separate Formal Dining Room with Vintage Chandelier
Glass Doorknobs
Woodburning Fireplace
Stainless Steel Appliances
Cozy Front Porch
Brick Backyard Patio
Laundry Closet
Pantry
Large Closet in Master Bedroom
Crown Molding
Fenced in Backyard
Designer Colors
Expandable Attic with Permanent Stairs
Raised Corner Lot
Historic Colonial Hills Neighborhood
5 Miles to Downtown Atlanta
5 Miles to Hartsfield Jackson International Airport
1 Miles from Downtown East Point
2 Miles from Downtown College Park
1 Mile from 75/85 

No comments:

Post a Comment