Saturday, May 8, 2010

A tiny update


In keeping up with my personal goals of writing more and forcing creativity and self expression, I reckon I need to post a little update on what all is going on. Clearly not paying any attention to properly ending sentences and just putting it all on paper, here it goes: Working lots. Jobs 1 & 2. In Job 1 I just completed my 13th legislative session. In Job 2, I just got home from a 13 hour day. Still madly in love with my Yamaha P85 and cannot spend enough time with her. And as if I had nothing else to do, I have taken on a little volunteer job with Iris Ministries. As you may recall, this is the group I just visited this past summer, attended their mission school and with whom I am interested in doing full time missions, perhaps.

I say that word a lot. Perhaps. I start sentences with it, end sentences with it. Answer questions with it. I love that word. So fitting for most all things. "Perhaps you would like some chocolate"? "Perhaps". It is an adverb and a noun. Meaning, possibly but not certainly, open to doubt. It is a shortened version of, "kinda sorta... not really", which is my other favorite phrase. I reckon I feel that if I precede the words "not really" with "kinda sorta", the blow of "no" is not so bad.

This is the very reason why I have not been here to write, delirium ensues. I am so tired and exhausted that my poor little mind can't even hold a thought together for one little minute. But now, upon reflection, I should not use the "p" word at all in referencing missions and all that. It is only a matter of time. Simply praying into when, where, and how. So that is that.

Iris Ministries asked if I would help set up small teams to take to conferences around the U.S. and Canada. If you are a Harvest School student and want to know more. Write me! We are there to simply serve as an extension of the ministry, share more about the school, the variety of projects supported by Iris, how others can get involved and the like. Doctors, Nurses, Engineers, Teachers, Policy Analysts, man, woman, boy and girl, we can use anyone and everyone! I love seeing the faces of people who have deep heartfelt dreams to serve in Africa and want to come. Their excitement is contagious. I love playing a small role in equipping them in their lifelong dreams to serve. And I love the way they teach me how to love. I am so inept at it. I am not much of a hugger, not much of a talker, pretty oblivious to most things around me. But these missionary types are all so kind and sweet and affectionate and such good listeners, attentive and generous. I am learning a lot from them. Soon, we will be traveling to Boston, Fredricksburg, Toronto, Orillia, Ottawa and Youngstown, OH.

Updates to come, perhaps.


Photo Courtesy of Micheala Potterbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment