Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Day in the Studio


Okay, maybe not another day. Maybe just the only day ever. However, there are more to come! I know it. For Bethel School we had to do a group project. My group wrote a song! Kerric was the encourager. Ben, the musician and I, the lyricist. Yep, I wrote it. Years ago I was inspired by Rolland Baker's teachings on falling in love with Jesus and how easy the relationship is with Him. You don't have to strive, struggle, fast, sweat or struggle to have a relationship with Him. It is easy. No agenda. I could write a whole sermon and testimony of this alone. Rolland also encouraged my creativity, telling us all that we should be singing our own worship that's deep inside. Some of it all came out! And on paper. And on the piano and leaked in the studio and is now a delightful little powerful song. We had fun. But Studio work is hard work. Eeek. It took forever. And was kinda boring at times really and I felt so inept. Gotta get busy practicing my keys so I can at least play a more vital part. But my words rocked. The song is nice. You can hear it. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment