Thursday, December 17, 2009

neglect


In all the time that I have had this little blog, over two years, I don't think I have been this long without posting. Even in the remote town of Pemba, I found access and time to post entries to the outside world. But now with two jobs and School of Ministry, I find myself barely having time to shower. I have to stop and ask myself, "When was the last time you bathed?". Seriously. I usually then run my hand up my shin and get a good idea. This is my life. I interpret my cleanliness based on the length of leg hairs. Yes gentlemen, I am still available. But life is good! I am paying off bills and have money in the bank and have security and love that fact that I am doing something to propel myself into where I want to be. Where meaning Africa. My knowledge of current events is lacking, and by that I mean, what's going on with Jim and Pam on The Office, are Tori and Dean still fighting, and just who won Top Chef? I am now caught up in my own Reality and no longer need television entertainment. So I am writing here with no epiphany, just an apology and a cry to my 10 sweet followers to please not leave me. Teena has asked that I sign up for email notifications and I am working on that! You will no longer have to check back daily, monthly, yearly, but can simply sign up to be notified when a new entry is posted. The fish bowl behind my head no longer contains a fish most likely because of my neglect (I like to blame the State of Georgia because he stays in my office and they seemed to have turned off the heat in my office and I think he froze to death), but I won't neglect you. Perhaps my new busy life will propel me into even more encounters and adventures to share and my site will no longer be filled with close ups of naked babies and little boys at the Zoo. Oh, but I am going to see them next week and I am addicted to close-ups of them. This is where I go when I miss them. I scroll down and look at their faces and click on them and make them real big and talk to the computer screen and tell them how much I love them. Yes, gentlemen, I am still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment