Thursday, October 1, 2009

We Belong in the Zoo


Zoo Atlanta and the Georgia Aquarium offer combined tickets! $30 for Children and for $40 Adults. They can be purchased at http://www.zooatlanta.org/. General Admission Tickets for the Aquarium are $26 for Adults and $20 for children and $19 and $14 for the Zoo. Atlanta also offers a City Pass that includes the Botanical Gardens and Fernbank, but that was more than we could handle. The Zoo trip was a huge success! We packed snacks and took our time. They have a new Parakeet House where you can feed the birds with a small stick with seeds on the end. The tiny birds will land right on your stick! Carson loved every second of it. I loved the Naked Mole Rat exhibit! They make "rooms" including a nursery, bedroom, pantry, and bathroom. He has been pretending to be a lemur all day and has declared to become a naked mole rat when we get home. I am not sure how he intends to play that one out but it should be entertaining.


Sleeping Meercats.

This shirt does not glow in the dark.


At first we couldn't even find the rhino! He was there all along.
I love this face.I came to the Zoo when I was Carson's age to see Willie B. We came on buses. My first bus ride. We drove all the way from Hartwell and probably didn't get to Atlanta until lunch. I remember the bus ride. I remember eating a picnic lunch in a pavilion. I vaguely remember Willie B.
Carson gave all spectators an education on the komodo dragon and how they catch and eat their prey. That's my boy.A group of spectators kept calling the lemurs "long-tailed raccoons". I knew Carson was itching to tell them otherwise, but he didn't say a word. Such a sweet boy.Carson, I apologize for making you pose for this, but you are so adorable.
It's not an adventure without Jumpin' Pictures!
The panda came over and plopped down right in front of us!



I love this precious face. Is that milk on your lip? When did we have milk? Oh yea, breakfast. Sorry.



How precious is this FACE? I think I want to kiss it.

Please.

No?

• October 3rd & 4th Bank of America customers get free entry to the Atlanta History Center, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, the Atlanta Botanical Garden, Zoo Atlanta, Millennium Gate and the High Museum of Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment