Thursday, August 13, 2009

Feeding the Hungry!

Someone once said, God doesn't close a door without opening a box of Girl Scout Cookies. And today He opened some thin mints for me. Ahh thin mints...I am drooling as my diet consists of eggs, bread, eggs, tomatoes that are not any good, and cucumbers, almonds and raisins and instant oatmeal that I brought from home and repeat. And despite this fairly safe diet my poor tummy is a wreck. Anyway, the thin mints have me completely distracted. But my point is to say that earlier today I was feeling that I had no purpose here and maybe I misheard things or was misled or just didn't know what I was doing and was wasting time and was frustrated with the whole situation. Then out of the blue this girl comes up and asks me what I am doing here and I repeat myself as I have so many times over the past two weeks, prepared for the blank stare. She practically starts jumping up and down and was soooooo excited and said she had been praying for someone to come and help her do this very stuff! Sustainable village models and research and all that. We talked briefly about models we had seen and ideas that might work. Of course there is sooooo much more that needs to be done but just to be around someone who shares my heart and vision was exciting! She is taking a months supply of food to a village next week and has invited me to come along for the two day trip. I am excited about being to go out with other girls to do this. Most of the trips I have been on are with nationals and the language barrier prevents me from asking true questions. With these girls I will really be able to have good productive conversations about what needs they see and what we can do to help. It is a tiny tiny endeavor, but it is a start! Yipee.

No comments:

Post a Comment