Tuesday, June 2, 2009

hangin', waitin'

I officially leave for Pemba on July 29th. I am currently trying to raise money for the ticket I already purchased on my AMEX. I am an American, and that is the only way I know to do things. I have already raised HALF of the money I need! Essentially the flight is $1800 (which is, to me, a good deal) and then I will need to get a room in J'burg for my layover, Malaria meds and a Visa. I am excited to be half way there in fundraising and so blessed to have such amazing friends who see my vision and share my heart for Mozambique. I am looking forward to my time there and expect it to yield a more definite plan of when I would be returning to Africa and what projects I could be working on full time. I cannot wait to share more with you as I learn more about what Iris is doing there and how they are making villages more self-sustaining, providing clean water, an education, and the heart of the Father to those so desperately in need.

If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, checks may be mailed to:

Bethel Atlanta
P.O. Box 656
Tyrone, GA 30290

Memo: Mozambique Missions

Oh! and yes, that is me, in a Garfield t-shirt and sleeveless one at that, no doubt. What was I thinking? I keep trying to rationalize it, perhaps it was a gift? He was really cool back then? It kinda matched my shorts?

No comments:

Post a Comment