Sunday, April 26, 2009

Inman Park Festival


Carla, Catherine, Emma Grace, Christine and I went to the Inman Park Festival this weekend. We volunteered for the Travis' whose home was on the Tour. Emma Grace was the official greeter and door opener and greeted about 300 people during our 2 hour shift. When I finished my shift at my post by the master bedroom, I found Emma Grace on the front porch with a Sharpie, marking tickets and telling visitors quite professionally, "Don't miss the rooms on your right and exit through the master bedroom" over and over. I even heard her mixing up her accent each time and pretending to be British with the last couple. Then we took the tour ourselves, viewing about 6 out of the 12 homes in Inman Park. During the long walk Emma Grace's Havaiana's were rubbing a blister between her toes. So Catherine did what all big sister's do best.We had dinner in College Park, put pennies on the train track and only had to wait about 20 minutes for our shiny flat coins. A good time was had by all.





No comments:

Post a Comment