Monday, April 20, 2009

Carson the Superhero


I went to Carla's last weekend. Carson and I played Superhero. To play Superhero you have to give yourself a really cool name that ends in Boy, Girl, Man or Woman depending on your age, unless you are Carson and then you get to use the "man" suffix. You tell Carson all the different super powers you possess. Then you walk around in the backyard and around the house while he gives you the play by play on what is happening and how you are to fight the bad guys and when to use your X-ray vision. I would use my best Cowardly Lion voice and say, "Put 'em up" and he would laugh at me and my complete inability to fight with true gusto. But I guess my 31 year old imagination just sees grass and trees and blue skies and Miss Sarah the Jack Russell Terrier, while his 5 year old mind envisions dark alleys and mountains to climb and walls to scale and lime green tunnels and bad guys lurking around the corner. We let Natty play too. Wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment