Tuesday, January 6, 2009

another half

81 DAYS AWAY!

It has been well over a month now since the Thanksgiving Day Half-Marathon. Dodie likens it to child birth. Not quite in level of pain, but that you forget how bad it was. For me, a week of sitting on the couch giving myself "downtime"(okay more like three weeks) has been enough. I am doing the ING on March 29th. Training during the 09 Legislative Session will be nearly impossible, but I am going to do my very best.

The race is all downtown and should be great scenery. "This urban course is a showcase of Atlanta's and Decatur's diverse neighborhoods. Highlights along the course include the birthplace of MLK, historic houses, eclectic Little Five Points, tour of 4 college campuses, Piedmont Park and much more". I still cannot imagine running the Half and then turning around and running back again. So I still have no desire to do a Full, but the Half is fun and a great goal to set. Join me! Oh! and I hope to beat my time from the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment