Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yipee!

The Coast of Northern Ireland

Zutphen, Holland


I am going on a trip! I am leaving July 3oth and flying in to Amsterdam...praying for First Class Favor as I am flying on a Delta Buddy Pass and right now the loads look good!! I might even get First Class there and back!! How amazing would that be? I am already getting my hopes up, putting on my blue socks and snuggling up with my neck pillow in my large leather seat.
I am arriving in Amsterdam on the morning of July 31st, but it will be in the wee hours of the morning our time. I hope to rest up on the plane and am determined to see a bit of Amsterdam regardless of how tired I may be. Thanks to Truitt, I have a large suitcase that converts into a backpack that will make touring Amsterdam more of a possibility. I plan to take the train in from the airport and find a quaint little bistro somewhere for a snack and then I must get some of those fries with mayonnaise...my favorite part!! I love it that they have that there and no one stares or thinks you are gross for doing that which I have done all my life!! Now, if I can just find a country that dips their fried popcorn shrimp in butter or a place where it's okay to put hot sauce on fried bananas, or where everything is covered with goat cheese, I will be set.


I will then take the train that afternoon to Zutphen. (Pictures above) My friend Tamara Steiner lives there and she will be picking me up at the station. They have a big market that day in town, always on Thursday, that I want to get to go to at some point while I am there. I LOVE markets in Europe, you never know what they will have. Antiques, fabrics, jewelry, breads, jams, vegetables, flowers and maybe goat cheese! Catherine will be turning 11 a few days after I get back and wants a present from my trip, so I will be looking out for the perfect gift for her. Speaking of birthdays...I will turn 31 the next day, August 1st. So I cannot wait to celebrate my 31st with Tamara and her friends in downtown Zutphen! I miss cobblestone streets, ancient buildings and cathedrals, narrow alleys, and not being able to understand a word anyone is saying. I can hardly wait! We will leaving the next morning for Belfast. I am glad I will have Tamara traveling with me on the train back to Amsterdam and company on the flight into Northern Ireland. Once in Belfast, we are taking a taxi and working our way into Coleraine and then will be picked up by our friends and going into Ballymoney for a bachelorette party for our friend Loren. The wedding is August 4th and afterwards we are planning a camping trip along the coast of Northern Ireland. I cannot wait to see the beaches there and can only imagine how incredible they must be.

Tamara is leaving Northern Ireland on the 7th and I will stay until the 11th to be able to go on the camping trip and then will fly back to Amsterdam and take the train into Zutphen to spend a few more days with Tamara. I would love to take the ferry while in Northern Ireland into Scotland, but not sure if my budget will allow and the dollar is terribly unfavorable right now and that does not help matters.

So, check back and I will keep you posted as best I can.

I want to start a tradition and spend every birthday of my 30's in a different country...hmm. I best start planning and saving up for next year. Suggestions??
Love love, Me






No comments:

Post a Comment