Thursday, September 6, 2007

Anybody there?

I have no idea if anyone is reading this any more, now that I am home and safe and sound...But I am not really sound. The perks of the western world have worn off. I never got that pedicure that I was dying to have in Mozambique. I still have not had my hair trimmed. Air-conditioning is too cold, hot baths are too hot, my bed is too soft, and department stores only have fall clothes on display and it's way too hot for that. All the comforts of home, aren't so comfortable.
So what do you do when you are out of your comfort zone? How do you find peace in the wilderness? I depend on the "cloud by day" and "fire by night". Thank goodness I am not my own source of peace and contentment. I thank Jesus that He died not only to save me from my sins, but save me from myself. So, I look to Him for new direction and a new plan in life. I have no idea what this looks likes, but I am excited. He has great plans for us and the only way we can discover them is to ask Him.
I may have the opportunity to go to Kenya. It is very up in the air and a lot would have to take place for it to happen (selling everything). However, I am looking into it. So just don't be surprised. As I said before, "get your passports up to date".
I still have tons of stories about Mozambique and life in Pemba that I want to share with all of you. Please email me or call as I would love to share with you all one on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment