Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In Town Today

Made a last minute visit into town...things are great! I was beginning to really get frustated with things here. We have been in classes and not really spending time with the Mozambicans, including the children at the center. Then, Heidi came yesterday and gave a beautiful sermon from Isaiah 58 about feeding the hungry, and clothing the naked...not just in the natural. She really made it a point to discuss the issue of Mozambique having no Judeo Christian work ethic and how we can learn true discipleship in becoming servant leaders. So we now are spending about 3 days a week with the nationals. I have signed up to work with the women who sew. I don't know how really and what a better way to learn. I hope they invite me into their home and look forward to having a meal and spending time with them. That's what true missions is about, forming relationships and sharing the love of the Father and I just can't wait to get out there!! So, I have come into town to buy cereal and milk!!! It is keeping me alive. Oh yea, and bananas. I just can't eat rice two meals a day/ 7 days a week so I have started to subsitute one with cereal and that helps. Still madly in love with everything here...so beautiful, I am at home and will have a hard time coming home. Only seven more weeks of living in this heaven. I am excited about working with the nationals and all that I am going to learn from them. Thank you all for your emails. I enjoy hearing from home, even if it is about Sonny et al or Paris Hilton, they are all entertaining. Hope to post more details soon.
XOXO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!

PS a Missionary couple is getting Married July 7th and I am going to get to photograph the wedding!!! Very excited! They will get married out the beach and have invited nearby villages and hope to feed 2,000 people! Will share more on this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment