Saturday, March 17, 2007

Flight Schedule


Current flight arrangements have me leaving on June 3rd at 6:25 PM for London Gatwick. I will arrive there at 7:30 AM on June 4th, take the shuttle to Heathrow and fly out that evening at 7:20 PM for Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. I will arrive in Dar Es Salaam at 7:00 AM on June 5th and hang out there until the one hour flight to Pemba at 4:15 in the afternoon. The departure is a little less eventful. I will depart August 15th from Pemba to Johannesburg at 1:50PM and after stopping in Maputo land in Johannesburg at 6:30PM and leave at 9:15 for the 11 hour flight to London. I arrive in London again at 7:30 in the morning, take the shuttle to Gatwick and a 12:20PM flight out of London to arrive in the ATL 9 hours later! This flight is $2,272. I really wanted to take the easy route and get the nonstop Delta flight,"keeping Delta My Delta!" but that forces an overnight stay in Johannesburg there and back (at least $150.00 a night and I will most likely be traveling alone) and makes it almost impossible to get to Pemba via LAM airlines. I have to go through a travel agency to book this LAM flight and the flight only goes out from Johannesburg 3 times a week and costs about $700.00. So the luxury of the nonstop flight and obtaining the extra skymiles is not really a possibility at this time. This flight is 100% refundable and I can make changes if necessary! So this looks like this is what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment